I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, June 20, 2005

Roll Your Own;)

Nope I dont mean pot..heh.
In NZ cigarettes are $11-$15 a packet so James has begun to roll his own.
He bought a pack of tobacco and papers and filters and a little rolling machine.
He spends his evening rolling a tin of them for the next day.
It gives him a hobby and hes geting good at it too!

We bought a darling little heater yesterday.
Its one of those ones with flames and embers but its electric.Its like an old wood stove and looks adorable in the cottage with all the wood.Its cast iron and has a cute door on the front.It pumps out a lot of heat and makes the atmosphere romantic.
Were happy:)

posted by butterflies @ 10:56 AM

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

ah, I remember rolling ciggies... No, I don;t smoke, never have, but while an inpatient at the hospital many times, I would ask to roll other patient's ciggies. I was that bored. Takes a certain skill, I wasnt very good at it :(

I know the heater you described here. I have a friend who got it from Farmer's. I love it.

Polar Bear

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Heh Polar..the end result was that the smokes were rolled too tight to smoke! I undid them all and re rolled them,getting 3 smokes out of each of his one! Its easier to roll them by hand than in the little machine..and Im experienced at it tho Ive never smoked tobacco....

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Way to go girl!!! Hand rolling is always better. I cannot believe the price of cigs. WOW!! Is everything that high?
Love ya...

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we roll our ciggies too, hubby always gets a gap near the filter, he thinks there's something wrong with the machine lol.. i don't get a gap, i tell him it's a wee art, rolling the ciggies..

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

The reason that cigarettes cost so much is cos its 95% tax.We have a free health care system in NZ and they use the tobacco tax to help fund it.Its $45 to go to the doctor and free for hospitals.It works very well.Health insurance costs were crippling us in the US.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003