I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Vines,vines and more vines...

The vines that I planted around here over the years have taken over and grown like triphods!! Theres jasmine,honey suckle,wisteria,borgonvillia,roses...potato vines,all growing so fast and furious some are going up trees and over the house.So weve spent the last couple days chopping and tugging and burning them.They are really uncontrollable! They looked great for the first year but now they have to go!
James has the burning bin going 24/7 and its always stacked high with stuff were pulling out of the garden.Im still not very strong yet and my eyes are very sensitive to the sun so I cant do much or last very long,but I have planted some lovely terracotta pots with pansies and tiny blue irises.
We have got the inside of the cottage looking great and now the weather is so nice its good to be outside digging in dirt again.A life saver for me actually.
James face is constantly covered in soot but his smile is big and hes happy.He got up on the roof yesterday to fix something and clear out the gutters.
Tomorrow will be my first day out for 2 weeks.Im going to take my son out for lunch and to see Helen who is dying of breast cancer.It will be nice to get out so we can come home again:)

posted by butterflies @ 2:05 PM

4 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Fabulous!! This move was good for James, I can tell!! I'm so happy for all of you. Glad you are feeling well enough to get out for lunch & visiting. Enjoy!! I will say a prayer for Helen. God bless her.
Take care my dearest friend. I think of all of ya'll so often.
Blessed be....

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sister.. good to see you out and about.. just thought I would stop by and say hello. so helloooo...

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Lost said...

Glad to know you are feeling a bit better. Take it easy and get well.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

It's nice to have things growing around the garden. Home, for you certainly sounds like a warm and happy place for both you and James.

Polar Bear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003