I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Kids.

On May 21st 1974 my sister died.She was run over crossing the road.
On April 6th 2006 I was given a daughter.Today the judge awarded guardianship of Cori to me and her sister.Dual guardianship.Ive got a legal daughter.
It feels like a monumentous thing!I have been raising her with James since she was 11 so nothing has really changed but its ...I dunno...Formal:)
We have all been brought together by love.Gods love.
Next week we are having the cottage redecorated.It will be a major upheavel having to move the furniture and take everything off the walls and having another person in our space for a couple of weeks but James really wants it done now.He wants to see it.Today, he saw his daughter stand up before a judge and say that I am her mother..I was proud of her.Shes grown up a lot lately.Shes cut her long hair off and wears a straight shoulder length bob.Its cute.She loves her life.Im happy for her.She had a miserable childhood and she deserves some unconditional love.Now she has 2 families (including a brother she adores) all round the world ....and we have her too.
Life for me gets better as it goes along.

posted by butterflies @ 8:43 PM

5 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Congratulations. Cori is lucky to have someone like you. I'm sure you will do your best to see that she continues to love her life.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Bless that darlin' girl. I know she has had a very tough go, but now she has you forever. SO no worries. Cori is so fortunate. You are a wonderful Mom & she will grow into a fabulous woman. I know this relieves James' mind & heart.

Hugs to all!!

Blessed be...

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm happy for all of you. She has been part of your heart and life but now you have that security of knowing that no one can take her away. You have such a loving family, what a great gift for you and James to have such peace of mind. Cori is such a lucky girl to have so much love surround her. It's sad she had such a rough start but it's beyond magically that now her life is stable and full of love. Congrats!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a million years to live I would NEVER forget the smile on Cori's face as she had her arms over your shoulders walking out of the courthouse.
That was a look of true love.
James

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

COngratulations! Cori is indeed so lucky to have you and James as parents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003