I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mums new house

My Mum moved into her new house on the weekend so we went and took her some things she needed.The house is really lovely,sitting high on the hill overlooking the 2 lakes on my younger brothers farm. Its facing north and is filled with sun all day.The colors shes chosen for the walls and carpets are a soft cream.Shes yet to buy a new lounge suite and curtains for the lounge but Im so happy for her.
There was a feeling of real sadness though that my Dad was not there to share it with her.His death from cancer 5 yrs ago rocked my foundations so profoudly that I left this country to go and live in America.My Dad would have loved to live there...its peaceful and calm and he adored my brother.They were fishing buddies and great friends.
Mum was kind of sad too but excited and thrilled at the same time.This is her new home and after living in the old house for 50 yrs it was well deserved.She loves all her new appliances and new shower and shes so happy to have everything as she chose them.Her choices were good and tasteful...not old ladyish as we thought she might;)
Tho I have made her take the flowery mat away from the front of the toilet....
Its wonderful that James has had the chance to see the finished product and Mum got all teary with him when she told him that.
OUr family is content now.We dont have to worry about Mum anymore as she will always have someone not too far away.Shes a strong woman and I adore her.
I will post some pics of the house when I take my camera next time.

posted by butterflies @ 4:00 PM

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she told me she is STILL close enough for me to come by and pick up the most wonderful biscuits (Cookies for us Yanks) that she bakes for me! Love ya, Marjie!

James

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Share, James!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Blessings on the new home. Give Mum a big hug & best wishes for me. I am excited for her. It is good she is so close.

Take care my dear heart-family. I love you.

Blessed be...

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Wow it sounds beutiful, peaceful and joyful!! Congratulations on such a lovely place and the fact that is close to family is the cherry on top.
Sounds like the women in the family are all courageous and strong-i'm glad for that.
I'm joyful for you all to have each other and be together again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003