I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Wake



Last night we had the wake...I hadnt felt like it til now and all my friends were wanting to come and party and celebrate the life of James.We lit his chiminea,we looked at photos from OKC..we talked for hours about this wonderful man who has been such a big influence on so many ppl.He is very sadly missed by so many of us and will never never be forgotten.
Im getting better slowly..the real raw pain is not so bad and Im physically stronger.I still ache for his arms around me or to just kiss him and hold his hand but I am content knowing that the love we had was enduring and beautiful and something I will cherish forever.

posted by butterflies @ 2:38 PM

6 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh my dear girl, how beautiful it must have been. what a party in honor of a man who knew about fun and laughter and enjoyment and appreciation. i'm sure he joined you from heaven and gave it his approval..

i'm so glad you are a bit stronger physically. that in itself helps my love.

i'm so, so sorry you miss him so much and that you always will. how could you not, he was your life. totally and fully. he loves you forever Bev, he loves you from where he now watches over you as you watched over him for so long..

love never dies..close your eyes baby, he is still there holding you.

xoxoxo

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you were able to share and celebrate James' life with friends and family.
I remember when my mother died, it was hard, so very hard not to focus on her last year and all the pain it brought. But, we all talked and decided her service was going to be a celebration of her life, not a mourning of her dying. We had gospel music played on the piano, and former student's came and shared how much she had touched their lives. And while we each had our private sorrow, we also had our private joy for whoo she was and what she was for so many;including us.
I firmly believe the the love James had for you can still be felt- in the arms, smiles, and thoughts of all of his friends and family. He is still with you, and will be with you forever.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies,
What a beautiful way to honour and celebrate James' life!
I am sure he is smiling watching, knowing that you are getting a bit stronger.
A love like yours and James should be cherished for ever.
Peace be with you.
Karen

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

That must have been a great party becaus ehe was a great man. I am glad that little by little you are moving toward the new life.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I'm glad you are getting better. Hang on to the memories, but remember to live in the present.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

Hi Beverly,
I just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you and many prayers have gone up for you. It has just been hectic around here with sickness and adjustments, but you are still much in my heart, my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you hon and I will continue to read your blog as you inspire me so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003