I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Gracie Dogs grave

James has finished my Gracie dogs grave.It looks beautiful.He has put a flat brick surface and solar lights on each end.I bought a huge terracotta pot and planted it with irises and pansies and we got a big steel painted white daisy that stands at the back.Her grave is at the entrance to the farm,shes still guarding the gate.Red Dog lies beside her and I know shes feeling happier as she watched James create it.We are going to have a big rock engraved with Gracies name on it..I love it.
We have also planted a nandina hedge with big red berries that leads into our cottage.Nandina is my favourite shrub.The berries are bright in winter and the leaves stay glossy green and shine in the dark..I planted some nandina for James Mum in Oklahoma so its my thing to do worldwide.Im the nandina queen:)
Every couple of days James picks flowers for our vase..sometimes berries and sometimes camellias.Hes very proud to keep our cottage cosy and clean.Hes a good man.

posted by butterflies @ 9:32 AM

2 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Sounds wonderful. I can picture it in my mind. I love your descriptions of your home & the farm. I feel like I am with you.
Thank God Amy is ok. She was in my prayers. I'm so relieved for your family.
Love & Hugs to all. I miss you sister-friend!!
Blessed be...

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sister.. poor doggie.. I'm glad she has a good place to sleep. How have you been, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. Good to know that you are a fellow quilter. Tho this is only my second quilt. I'm about to start on my third.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003